Back to Architects

FRANK C. WALTER, AIA (1870-1953)

Born: Alton, Illinois
Training: Apprenticeship
Oklahoma License: 1928-1951
Tulsa Practice: 1917-1947

PARTNERSHIPS

  • Edwards & Walter, ca. 1910, Atlanta, Georgia

BUILDINGS

  • Union Terminal, Savannah, Georgia (1895)
  • K.C. Auto Hotel, east side of Cincinnati between 3rd and 4th (1927)
  • Halliburton-Abbott (Skaggs Building) southwest corner 5th and Boulder (1929)
  • Skiatook Community Building, Skiatook, Oklahoma (1940)
  • Mary Brockman Apartments, northwest corner 9th and Main
  • F. C. Walter began his practice in Columbia, South Carolina, and then moved to Atlanta where he practiced for about 20 years before moving his practice to Tulsa. Walter was city building inspector under Mayors Flynn and Price. From 1947 to 1950, he served as Building Inspector in Augusta, Georgia.