Photo courtesy of TFA Archives. All rights reserved.
This 1973 drawing of Old City Hall, which served as a cover sheet to a set submitted to a local building inspector, is a recent addition to the collection. Also known as the Tulsa Municipal Building, the site was first occupied in 1917, functioning for the city until 1969. The artifact, which demonstrates the building’s beautiful Greek Classic facade, comes to us courtesy of architect Joe Bruce. Among other projects, Bruce was part of the team who designed the Mid-Continent Tower. We would like to extend our thanks to Mr. Bruce for his generous donation of this and other historic artifacts.
Each month, we will be highlighting an artifact newly found in our collections—all thanks to the ongoing support of our members.
A portion of membership donations fund the ongoing operations of the TFA Archives, including the work that goes into ensuring that historic documents such as this one are preserved and made available to researchers. Not yet a member? Click here to join now!